- ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
- NATIONAL COUNCIL
- THE SECRETARIAT
Below is a pictorial presentation of our structure:
This is the meeting of all the registered Estate Surveyors and Valuers who are financially up-to-date with the payment of dues and other fees levied by the body as confirmed by the records at the National Secretariat.
It is the highest decision making organ of the Institution. Ordinarily, the Annual General Meeting is convened once in a year in accordance with the Constitution of The Institution to consider the Annual Report submitted by the National Council on the activities of The Institution over the fore-going Council year.
Where there is a very important matter that requires the meeting of all financial members, an Emergency General Meeting could be convened in accordance with dictates of the Constitution of the body.
The National Council is the governing body of the Institution and consists of the following persons:
1. The Officers of the Institution
2. The Trustees of the Institution
3. The Immediate Past President of the Institution
4. Ten (10) Un-Official Members
5. The Registrar of the Estate Surveyors and Valuers Registration Board of Nigeria.
6. The Chairman of each Branch of The Institution or in his absence, the Vice-Chairman The Council is responsible for the implementation of the overall policy and business of the Institution and meets as often as the business of the Institution requires, at least four times in any one calendar year. Membership of the National Council as an officer of the Institution or as Un-official member is through election conducted in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution of the Institution.
The Statutory Standing Committees of Council are those provided by the Constitution of the Institution. They are as follows:
1. The Management Committee
2. The Membership Committee
3. The Finance and General Purpose Committee
4. The Professional Practice Committee
5. The Education Committee
6. Corporate Affairs Committee
7. Continuing Professional Development Committee
8. Research and Development Committee
9. Statutes and Government Relations Committee
10. Privileges Committee
11. Legal Matters Committee
12. Editorial Board
Apart from the Management Committee, whose membership is through general election, Members of the other Statutory Committees of Council are appointed by the Council with nomination from the State Branches of the Institution. Each Committee has a Chairman, a Vice Chairman and a Secretary. The Council is empowered to establish other ad-hoc Committee
The National Secretariat has been re-organized to ensure the provision of essential support services necessary to meet the challenges that confronts a responsible professional association in a dynamic socio-economic environment like Nigeria. Administration and financial operations at the Secretariat been computerized to ensure overall efficiency. Seminars, symposia and workshops on topical professional issues are being organized for continuing professional education and as part of corporate publicity.
The Institution's National Secretariat is at:
Bassan Plaza, Wing C,
Plot 759, Independence Avenue,
Central Business District,
P.M.B 5175, Wuse,
Abuja - FCT
Tel: 09-4604710, 08078193014.
The Institution has presently, two Liaison Offices, one in Lagos the western part of the Country and another in Enugu, the Eastern part of the Country. The addresses of the Liaison Offices are as follow:
Plot A Block 12 Elephant Cement Way,
(Opposite Lagos State Secretariat Mosque)
Block A, Akalaka House
127/129, Chime Avenue
Tel: 042-811023, 08078193028